A lot of people struggle to write good, quality SEO articles. Whether you are a good writer, an SEO service expert or just your average Joe, writing can be hard. Writing SEO articles is no different than writing a novel – you need to have a clear outline of what you want to write, how you are going to accomplish it, and what the end goal is. Just like with novels, there is a judgement criterion for SEO articles as well. The major search engines have rules which determine how well your content is ranked. We would all like to have a first page ranking, but it just isn’t that easy. While you must adhere to Google’s regulations (or you will be punished, severely), there are some pretty simple techniques you can use when writing content to boost your rankings.
- Include the Keyword in your Title. This is the first thing that search engine spiders will look for. However, only include it once – over stuffing your title and content with keywords is going to lead to a disaster. Make sure your title gives a hint as to what the article might be about as well. Keep in mind that you are not only writing for the search engines, but you are also writing for people who are looking for valuable information – so make it worth their while.
- Don’t forget the keywords in the meta-description, too! Your description should be a maximum of two sentences however one can sufficiently summarize the article. Put the keyword in the description just once to make sure you do not get marked as spam by Google.
- Have a Maximum of one keyword per article. The keyword should be included in the first paragraph, as well as a couple times scattered throughout the article. Do not stuff the article. Google does not like this and you will be punished. Make sure it is spaced out and the article maintains an easy to read format.
- Keep the content of the article high. As long as you provide interesting and original content, you don’t need to worry about much else. In general, the article should be around 500 words and sometimes it is helpful to include bullet points and numbering. Make sure the format is easy to read as well. If you submit an article that is just one paragraph, no one will want to read it.
- Build up your back-links. By adding back-links to your content, you will be building up links that lead to your website, which will get it ranked higher by the search engines. Do not overdo this (2-3 links a day is good enough) because you don’t want to be marked as spam.
Above are top SEO service tricks to improve your ranking!